Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Haul & Review || Missguided US

Guess what lovelies? I have another haul for you all! (I’ve always liked the way that sounded ahaha.) I’ve seen this store on a bunch of Youtube and blog hauls so I decided to take a peek at the store myself. I have to say I love all of the pieces on this site and wish I had the money to buy everything on it! Missguided is a UK based online store that sells apparel, shoes, and accessories; I bought from their US site. 


But this haul comes with a story…so first off, I ordered from them, and that week the east coast in America got hit with a bunch of snow and ice storms so I figured my package got delayed in the  process. But to be on the safe side, I emailed Missguided’s customer service who reassured me that my package was on its merry way. Three weeks later, my package hadn’t come during the time frame they told me so I ended up just canceling my order and trying to get a refund. I am the only one who could do this because after I sent the email, my package came in the next day and the sizing fit perfectly! So I had to re-email the company letting them know I got it. But overall, their customer service was amazing and answered all my questions as quickly as possible, which I was very thankful for since there was a time difference. Now on to the actual clothing pieces I got.


 
 
I got this bright coral maxi skirt, a white crop top, and disco leggings. For a few years now, I’ve been wanting a maxi skirt, but they are always too long for me. This one from Missguided is a good length; I can pull it all the way up to make it look like a dress or fold it down to make it into a maxi skirt, which I love that I can pick and choose. The slit on the side is also a cute detail. I’ve been needing a basic crop top to go with this maxi skirt and my high-waisted jeans so I picked this one up, which is really comfortable. The disco leggings is the actual reason I decided to order because I’ve been obsessed with the disco pants from American Apparel, but I didn’t have the cash to fork out for them so I thought this would be a cheaper alternative.  All of the pieces are not completely see through, but you do have to be aware of what you wear underneath them because bold prints will show through them. I can’t wait to wear my new pieces as the weather starts to warm up!

If you’ve never ordered from a UK site, then make sure to go up a few sizes when you’re ordering. I happen to know this little tip because I’ve bought clothing from the UK when I lived in Europe. Their sizing is much smaller than ours, like I usually wear a size 6/7 in pants, but I order a US size 10 (UK size 14), which fits perfectly for my body. Just something to be aware of!

If you’ve ordered from this company, what are your thoughts?
What’s your favorite piece out of my haul?

22 comments:

  1. Love these picks
    http://followeroffashionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am loving the coral color for spring and summer! Makes your skin look tan! ^_^
      ~Makaela at www.makaelassuitcase.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. You look so cute! Love that skirt! Maxis are great in the summer!
    http://roseylittleme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They definitely are. I am so glad that I finally, after being super late on this trend, got one. It's hard finding maxis for petite people though!
      ~Makaela at www.makealassuitcase.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you darling! I will definitely be getting a lot of wear out of them <3
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  4. I really like Misguided and have bought a few pieces from there. Love the colour of the maxi skirt, so lovely and vibrant!
    Lianne x
    Rubyrubyslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to like them more now. Too bad the prices aren't as cheap as they are in pound lol. I would be buying from them all the time. Me too! It makes your skin look tan too, which everyone needs a boost.
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  5. I love that pink skirt!! It's so bright and fun for summer!
    Thanks for stopping by blog :)

    xo
    Emily at Style Cubby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I've noticed I love that coral color too because I have tons of pieces in different shades of it! And no problem! I love finding new blogs to check out. (:
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  6. You look so lovely! I especially love your first outfit <3 X
    thefashion-junkie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all of these outfits, so perfect!
    This was a great post, I’ll be back for more :)

    I hope you can check my blog out too sometime.

    Kendra
    xx

    My Blog - Stolen Inspiration

    Instagram - @kendraalexandra

    Google Friend Connect- Stolen Inspiration
    Bloglovin' - Stolen Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am very glad that you like! Hey do you want to follow each other?
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  8. wooow!!
    you are really skinny!! sooo beautiful! :D
    love the looks! :D
    xoxo

    http://www.tastemycloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! haha I might be a little skinny, but I look smaller because I am so petite. I am barely 5'1". You are gorgeous too, rocking the red hair! <3
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  9. Those red shoes are everything! *_*

    Have you heard about Ruak Styling?
    Check out the two new stylists on the block at www.lovefromsimmie.com :)

    Stay pretty doll ♥ ♡ ♥ ♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look gorgeous in both outfits! the colour of that maxi dress is so so nice! i wish I could wear a maxi dress, and esp as well as you do! also thank you very much for passing by my blog, i really appreciate it! x
    | Life as a Petite |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you love! It's definitely hard finding one for short people lol.
      No problem! I love finding new blogs to check out; it gives me inspiration!
      ~Makaela

      Delete
  11. I LOVE your pink skirt ! STUNNING ! X

    ▬ WWW.FLYDP.BLOGSPOT.COM ▬

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the first look! You definitely nailed it! :)

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the pink skirt, it is soo cute! would you like to follow each other? :)

    love always,
    Karina

    KinaaSmallss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read all of my comments and try my hardest to reply back as soon as possible (: I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my blog!