Friday, May 16, 2014

Amazon Haul 2014


Recently, I made an order from Amazon, mainly, because I wanted to get some of the remaining books in a few series in my collection and to pick up an inexpensive, beginner makeup brush set. Both of which I’ve been meaning to do for a while now.
 
The first books on my list were the last two of the Eragon series, Brisingr and Inheritance, by Christopher Paolini. I love fantasy or dragon-related books so it was unbelievable to me that I would forget about this series! But not to fret, I went ahead and bought them to complete my set, so any time I need a little magic in my life I can just pick up one of these.  The next book I purchased was The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown. I did actually have this book at one time, but it got lost during the move so I had to repurchase it for my collection.  It’s a book based on a lot of history and connecting the dots; I find it extremely interesting if you are into that sort of thing.
 


Now a makeup product…I picked up NYX Eye Shadow Base in White. At first, I was only going to buy this product to try because it would complete the balance I needed for free shipping, but after looking at all of the great reviews, I knew I had to have it. I have a serious problem of having my eye shadow fade away after only a few hours so I bought this base to keep my eye look for a longer time period. I’ve only used it once, but I can see that it definitely works. I could do a full review on it if you guys would like, just let me know in the comments section.

 




 
My first ever makeup brush set is a gorgeous color: deep red handles with ombre purple bristles. I won’t go into too much details about the set because I want to do a full review on them in another post specifically, but I will say that the bristles were very soft and the storage bag was surprisingly sturdy and good quality.
What is your favorite book series or type of book? Have you tried any other good eye shadow bases?
 

1 comment:

  1. ooh! So Jealous! Love the purple brushes!
    artistikcreation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I read all of my comments and try my hardest to reply back as soon as possible (: I really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to read my blog!